(adapted from Quirky Cooking by Jo Whitton)
150 g brown rice
40 g buckwheat flour
40 g quinoa (soaked, rinsed & drained)
50 g millet (soaked, rinsed & drained)
40 g raw almonds (soaked, rinsed & drained)
20 g coconut oil
120 g maple syrup
40 g coconut cream
200 g ripe bananas
30 g cricket powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100 g walnuts
120 g frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Line 2 x 12 hole muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Place rice into blender and mill for 1 min.
3. Place buckwheat flour, drained quinoa, millet, almonds, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut cream, bananas, eggs, cricket powder & spices into blender and blend 2 mins or until smooth.
4. Add baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt & walnuts. Pulse blender twice to just combine.
5. Transfer batter into cupcake cases to ¾ full and top with blueberries. Bake for 20-25 mins until skewer inserted comes out clean. Serve muffins warm.